Ericsson-LG iPECS Case Study Sir George MonouxAbout Sir George Monoux Sir George Monoux College is a Sixth Form College situated in North East London. The College has a reputation for excellence and aims to help students reach their highest potential whether it is academic, artistic or vocational.
The Challenge The College was interested in improving the functionality and capacity of their telecommunications system and were concerned about the increasing maintenance costs of their current system. Their requirements for a new system included: • Increasing exibility whilst lowering costs on mobile communications. • Increased security within the class rooms. • Conference Bridge functionality. • Future proo ng system for the increasing demands on BYOD. • More exibility and accessibility to Voice Messages to improve staff/parent relations by reducing contact response times. • Accountability and control over call spend.
- A solution was put together around the iPECS600 Call Server.
- Provision was made for Voicemail and Voicemail to Email for all administrative and teaching staff.
- Wireless IP Phones were provided for key members of staff including members of security, FM, admin and teaching staff.
- A number of Communicator licences would allow other key members of staff to stay in contact while on the move without mobile phone call costs being incurred.
- The non-licensed aspect of the iPECS600 meant that capacity could include basic VoIP phones for all classrooms to increase staff and pupil security.
- icall Suite would provide a full reporting package to ensure call costs were monitored and controlled.
- Staffing levels could be more accurately planned as demand could be identified for special events such as enrolment and non term time periods.
Key Features The following key features were installed at Sir George Monoux: • iPECS LIK600 • Communicator • IP Phones • VoiM24 • Voicemail to Email • Wireless IP phones • icall Suite