Nortel Data Products
Network CablingToday’s network performance requirements demand careful planning and a high level of installer skill. In addition to our training and expertise, we at 1st Communications only use the highest quality components and cable and we thoroughly test all our installations. As we are not driven by any single supplier, we can work together to create the right cabling solution for your business.
Structured cabling solutions are defined by “category”. The category of any cabling solution will determine the rate at which data can be transferred across it. 1st Communications will ensure that the most appropriate cabling category for you will be used.
- CAT 5 Copper Cabling provides a reliable, open infrastructure that will support all LAN’s up to and including 100Mbit/s Ethernet.
- CAT 5e Cabling is used for LAN support up to and including 1000Mbit/s.
- CAT 6 Cabling is used to provides higher performance cabling systems, specified to 250MHz. It currently supports systems up to 1 Gigabit, with the potential to support higher speeds in the future.
- CAT 7 cabling is specified to 600MHz. It is a ‘fully shielded’ cabling system which offers more than twice the bandwidth of CAT 6 but is also both bulkier and more expensive than CAT 5/6 cabling systems.
- Fibre Optic cabling is suitable for high speed fibre transmission systems, including Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet Backbone technology, utilising second generation fibres such as OM1, OM2, OM3 and OS1.
The 1st Communications Structured Cabling Solution can grow with your business and adapt to meet your future requirements. Sockets can be installed at as many points as you might need, giving you the freedom to move people and add new equipment whenever and wherever you want, with little disruption and without the need for specialist expertise or additional expense.