The Nortel Communication Server 1000 is a server-based, full-featured IP PBX, providing the benefits of a converged network plus advanced applications and over 450 world-class telephony features. It is fully distributed over IP LAN and WAN infrastructure with built-in reliability and survivability.
The Nortel Communication Server 1000 supports business-critical applications, including unified messaging, customer contact center, IVR, wireless VoIP and IP phones.
Some of the key features that the Nortel Communication Server offers are:
- IP PBX functionality delivered over IP LAN and WAN infrastructures without sacrificing features or high-value business communications applications.
- Designed to scale to meet growing enterprise requirements: 25500 IP clients per call server; multiple Call Servers networked with transparent IP networking; single Gatekeeper supports up to 15,000 IP users.
- Built-in reliability based on VXWorks operating system and proven feature set with multiple resiliency mechanisms, including survivable Call Servers, Signaling Server redundancy configurations and survivable WAN gateways.
- Extensive desktop portfolio includes IP phones, software phones, 802.11 Wireless VoIP phones, as well as digital and analog phones to meet diverse end-user requirements.
- Supports business-critical applications, including IP Contact Center, CallPilot unified messaging, and integrated services such as conferencing, one-number-follow-me Personal Call Director, recorded announcement, network-wide attendant and messaging.
Some of the key Nortel Communication Server 1000 (CS 1000) Benefits are as follows:
- The fact that it exploits the full flexibility of an IP network.
- That it allows for flexible deployment options to meet needs for a mobile and distributed workforce.
- Organisations can benefit from increased efficiency through distributed services across a common communication network.
- The Nortel Communication Server 1000 (CS1000) provides extensive desktop capabilities, including IP, digital and analog phone support.
- The fact that the telephone system is built on proven, highly available VxWorks OS.
- The fact that the Nortel Communication Server 1000 (CS1000) is a member of Enterprise family of IP Telephony solutions that can be networked with feature transparency to meet the needs of a diverse user and deployment environment.