Nortel Ethernet Switches
Nortel Ethernet Switch 460The Nortel Ethernet Switch 460-24T-PWR is an IEEE 802.3af compliant switch to power devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, network cameras, security and lighting devices as well as access control devices. The Nortel Ethernet Switch 460 has 24 10/100 Mbps autosensing ports, all of which can provide power. In addition, the The Nortel Ethernet Switch 460 has one MDA (Media Dependent Adapter) slot for uplink connectivity and one cascade module slot for stacking. In addition to Power over Ethernet capability, the switch has advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) and high resiliency. The Nortel Ethernet Switch 460 enables enterprise customers to power devices while maintaining connectivity to standard 10/100 Mbps Ethernet devices such as PCs and servers. Key Nortel Ethernet Switch 460 Features:
- IEEE 802.3af standards compliant and can provide power to all 24 ports.
- Enables data and power to be transmitted over a single cable without using power outlets.
- Can be used in a standalone or in a stack of up to eight switches that can be easily managed as a single unit.
- With its auto discovery feature, the switch automatically recognises the connection of a device and immediately sends power to it.
- It is QoS-enabled to provide network availability for mission-critical applications such as IP telephony. The switch’s extensive security features offer protection against unauthorised access to data traffic.
- BoSS (Ethernet Switch Software) allows the Nortel Ethernet Switch 460, Business Policy Switch, Ethernet Switch 470-48T and Ethernet Switch 470-24T to stack together with a single image.